This is an setup guide for the Emberair device for split system air conditioners, its purpose is to outline the setup process and provide guidance of what to expect at each step. The instructions in this document should be followed for a successful setup.
Before setting up your Emberair device, please confirm you have the minimum requirements below:
- An Emberpulse
- A compatible split system air conditioner
- An active internet connection
- A router with working Wi-Fi connection
- A computing device such as a notebook, desktop computer, smartphone or tablet, loaded with a web browser such as Google Chrome or Safari.
- Your computing device needs to have the ability to connect to your home Wi-Fi network. A computer that is connected by cable to the internet is not sufficient; a Wi-Fi connection is required.
- Test that you are able to control the air conditioner using the remote from the intended location for your Emberair device.
- Check that the intended location for your Emberair device is within range of your Wi-Fi network.
- Plug in your Emberair device
- The LED indicator will start blinking Green and then will change to a steady Green
- Before starting, please make sure that the computing device that you are going to be using is connected to your home Wi-Fi network. A computer that is connected by cable to the internet is not sufficient, a Wi-Fi connection is required. If your device has the ability to connect to your home Wi-Fi network and is currently accessing the Internet via the ethernet cable, please remove the cable from your computing device and connect to your home Wi-Fi network instead.
- Using your computing device, search for available Wi-Fi Networks
- In your list of available options, a Wi-Fi network named 'INTESISBOX _ _ _ _ _ _' (similar to the screen shown below) should be available.
- Select the 'INTESISBOX _ _ _ _ _ _' connection.
You may receive a warning message when trying to connect to this network. This warning message is triggered because the network that you are connecting to has no password.
By connecting to the 'INTESISBOX _ _ _ _ _ _ ' network, you will be able to communicate directly with your Emberair device so it can be set up. This connection will be removed as soon as your Emberair device is connected to your home Wi-Fi network, thus during the short time that this network is active, there is no risk to your home Wi-Fi network or to data on your home network.
- With your web browser, navigate to wmpconfig.com; You will be presented with an IntesisBox screen, similar to below:
If the connection with the Emberair device could not be established correctly, you will be shown the following screen (or similar):
Disconnect from the 'INTESISBOX _ _ _ _ _ _' and then try again from Step 4.
- Click on 'Automatic'
- You will be presented with the following screen (or similar) whilst your Emberair device is searching for available Wi-Fi networks.
- Once the Emberair device has completed searching, you will be presented with a list of available Wi-Fi networks, similar to below:
- 'Select your home Wi-Fi network.
- You will be presented with the following screen (or similar)
- Enter the password for your home Wi-Fi network
- Click 'Next'
- You will be presented with a Wireless Configuration Summary screen, similar to below:
- Click 'Save and apply'
- You will be presented with the following screen:
Please observe the LED indicator on your Emberair device. Once the LED indicator has turned off, the Wi-Fi setup on your Emberair device is complete, your computing device should now be reconnected to your home Wi-Fi network.
Air Conditioner Setup
- Press the black button at the back of the Emberair device for 5 seconds.
- The LED indicator will turn on (White).
- Point the remote control for the air conditioner to the front of the Emberair device and press the On/Off button.
- Once the command has been sent to the Emberair device, the LED indicator will go through a sequence. Refer to LED Indicator Sequence for the meanings of the sequence observed.
LED Indicator Sequence
Note: There will be a brief moment where the LED indicator will go from a blinking green to a solid red LED indicator before it switches off.
This indicates that the Emberair device has not successfully been programmed to work with your air conditioning system. Please try again.
If this sequence is observed, it means that the Emberair device has lost its connection to the internet.
Please check if the Emberair device is correctly connected to your home Wi-Fi network and if the network has internet connection then try again.
Follow the instructions in Installing Home Automation Devices to connect your Emberair device to your Emberpulse.