- Steps to update your Wi-Fi network
- How to check your connection status
- Trouble shooting and support
This is an installation guide for the Emberpulse system, its purpose is to outline the process to change Wi-Fi networks and provide guidance of what to expect at each step. The instructions in this document should be followed to successfully change Wi-Fi networks. This process can also be used when updating Wi-Fi information e.g. Wi-Fi password has changed.
Prior to changing Wi-Fi networks to your Emberpulse, please confirm the following:
- You have an active internet connection
- You have a router with working Wi-Fi connection
- You are using a computing device such as a notebook, desktop computer, smartphone or tablet, loaded with a web browser such as Google Chrome or Apple Safari.
- Your computing device is connected to your home Wi-Fi network (2.4GHz frequency). A computer that is connected by cable to the internet will not work; a Wi-Fi connection is required.
- Your Emberpulse unit is plugged in and powered.
- You are logged-in to your Emberpulse account.
Steps to update your Wi-Fi network
- Select the 'System Status' option under 'Emberpulse' from the top navigation menu
- On the SYSTEM STATUS page, click on the wrench icon and select the 'Change Wi-Fi network' option.
- If the 'Change Wi-Fi network' option is greyed out, try reloading the page.
- You will be presented with the following screen (or similar)
- If your Emberpulse unit is currently not on the same Wi-Fi network as your computing device, you will be presented with the following screen (or similar).
- Select the colour that is being displayed by your Emberpulse unit and click on the Continue button.
- You will be presented with one of the following screens (or similar). Follow the instructions shown on the screen and click on the Continue button.
- After your connection to your Emberpulse is established, you will be presented with the following screen (or similar) - click on the Continue button to proceed.
- Emberpulse may request that you re-enter your login details. Enter them and click Log in.
- The next screen you see allows you to connect your Emberpulse to your home Wi-Fi network and displays a list of available Wi-Fi networks within range of your Emberpulse.
- Enter your Emberpulse login details in the relevant field(s)
- Select your home Wi-Fi network - if you cannot see your home Wi-Fi network listed, click on the 'Refresh' button in the right hand corner next to the list of available Wi-Fi networks and try again. For networks that are 'hidden't details of network name and security type need to be entered in the fields provided.
- Enter the password for your home Wi-Fi network and click the Continue button.
Please note: It may take a couple of minutes for your Emberpulse to establish a connection with your home Wi-Fi network. Once your Emberpulse has connected to your home Wi-Fi network, your Emberpulse will flash rapidly with a magenta colour. This is to notify you that it has successfully established connection with your home Wi-Fi network and is now attempting to communicate with your Emberpulse cloud account. When a connection with your cloud account has occurred successfully, the pulse light will stop flashing and will change to a solid non-magenta (green, orange, yellow or red) colour.
- The next screen asks you to confirm that your computing device has connected back to your home Wi-Fi network.
Check your computer Wi-Fi setting to confirm that your computing device has automatically connected back to your home Wi-Fi network.
- If your computing device has not automatically reconnected back to your network, select your home Wi-Fi network to connect it manually.
- Once you have confirmed that your device has reconnected to your home Wi-Fi click on the continue button.
How to check your connection status
From your account home screen, you can confirm that your Emberpulse is connected to the cloud by selecting the 'System Status' option under 'Emberpulse' from the top navigation menu. An active connection is represented with a green interlocked chain (see image below with the RED box between the Emberpulse and cloud icons).
Trouble shooting and support
If you still have problems connecting after using the above procedure, please contact Emberpulse Support